A Notary acts as an impartial and legally trained officer who authenticates and certifies the execution of documents required or intended for use anywhere in the world, outside the UK, by affixing his seal of office.
Please note that notarial requirements, including the method of execution and production of documents, vary from country to country.
In every case, parties will need to identify themselves by means of a current passport. After sealing, the document normally requires legalisation by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London and sometimes also by the receiving country’s London Embassy, before being effective.
Please leave as much time as possible for these additional requirements which are outside of our control.
For more detail please contact Rashminder Sarai at our Coventry Office or Carolyn Christensen at our Coleshill Office.
• Attesting and authenticating the signature and execution of documents;
• Certifying capacity of parties (including companies) to enter into transactions;
• Authenticating the content of documents and facts recited; Administration of oaths and declarations;
• Drafting powers of attorney, authenticating corporate records, and certifying contracts;
• Verifying (via translator) translations of documents into English and from English;
• The provision of notarised copies of documents;
• Protesting foreign bills of exchange.
Rashminder Sarai and Carolyn Christensen are Notaries Public.